- 2 c (300 g) peas, blanched
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1/2 c (65 g) raw cashews
- 1/4 c mint leaves (If you don’t like mint, substitute basil)
- juice from half a lemon (1 T)
- 1/3 c (80 ml) aquafaba
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) hot water (take some of the cooking water from the peas or pasta)
- 1/4 tsp salt (don’t add any salt if you’re using aquafaba from canned garbanzo beans)
Put everything into a blender. Pulse at first, then blend on high until smooth & creamy, adding water as necessary to get your desired consistency.
This recipe makes enough for 2 people, served with a whole grain pasta.