This is a good thickness for my taste, but you can easily adjust the amount of water as you like. This makes one large glass of milk.
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1 T flaxseed, ground
- 1/4 c. dried dates, pitted
- 1/4 c. almonds or hazelnuts
- 1 1/4 c. water
- Pour boiling water over the dates and nuts, soak for 1 hour.
- Put everything except the flaxseed into a blender and pulse a few times, then blend on high for 1 minute, or until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flaxseed at the end, and pulse or blend until just mixed in (this prevents it from getting too thick, but if you want it thicker, you could add the flax at the beginning).
This gives you 1 serving of fruit and your servings of flaxseed, nuts & spices for the day.